Position – Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Applications, Controls & Electrical > Converter & Electrical Module > C&E Module Quality & Tools
C& E Quality & Tools is part of Converter & Electrical Module in ACE module unit in Vestas Power Solutions (Vestas R&D). Vestas Power Solutions is a business unit where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, maintained and tested. Vestas Power Solutions operates on a global scale with more than 3000 employees. The TCM area within Converter & Electrical is responsible for developing and maintaining concepts, processes and tools for Transport, Installation and Maintenance of our Electrical components mainly Converter, Switchgear, Transformer and HV Cables of wind turbines. We are involved in new turbine development as well as maintenance and optimization of the existing fleet.
Electrical TCM is responsible to build and develop business improvement initiatives, cost out and process maturity related to transport, construction and maintenance value chain
- Work with Design improvements, Module projects, Service repowering, Design Maintenance and cost outs etc
- Contribute to cost reduction and improve quality through standardization, modularization and process efficiency improvements
- Responsible for creation of technical design documentation such 3D CAD, 2D drawings, technical construction file, HSE risks assessment, DFMEA, PFMEA, Design verification procedure/report etc.,
- Adherence to relevant legislations
- Execute / deliver Business supprot tasks & create Work packages
- Responsible for project execution through SAP/ERP/ PDM ECM systems
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with relevant interface owners throughout the value chain
- Develop/Deliver the technical solution within quality, time and cost targets of the project
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Mechnical / Similar specialization
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in product development and detailed design
- Experience in mechanical design and specification in compliant to the relevant international standards
- Experience in electromechanical design and aspects in compliant to the relevant international standards
- Competencies Required-In-depth knowledge in Structural Mechanics is essential
- Experience in 3D-Modeling and 2D-drafting, including using CREO/ PDMlink and project execution through ERP/ECM systems
- Broad Knowledge in Engineering Basics
- Experience in DFMEA and Risk assessment skills
- Techno-Commercial back-ground with ability to relate design & Technical/Process related solutions in the Industry to Cost
- Experience in prototype development & testing
- Knowledge on FEA (Preferably ANSYS/pro-mechanica)
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing and preferably insight into wind turbines, e.g. welding processes and material properties
- Knowledge of Wind turbines, Electrical Components & heavy lifting/ Transportation equipment
What We Offer
We offer you a job in Aarhus, Denmark with high degree of involvement from project concept to final verification. You will get to work on a high level with the newest state-of-art technologies and have a significant impact the growth of Vestas future growth. You will have many interested and supportive parties across a large true global organisation, which have been consolidated and streamlined over the past few years.You will have excellent opportunities for cross-disciplinary and personal development. The work environment is characterized by being result-orientated and project focused at high professional level and with a significant technical commitment.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 20th June 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialized in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustaining an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.