Position – Senior Associate Engineer (Light Structures)
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As an Engineer, you will be working on Light structures components of various Tracked Mining products including Hydraulic Mining shovel, and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology. You will be responsible for delivering PQVC targets (People, Quality, Velocity & Cost) for NPI, CPI issues and aftermarket support.
Skills/Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform structure design, and design verification (capable to do complex design in Creo).
- Perform component placement & weld analysis
- Strong knowledge in the strength of materials and structural design knowledge
- Strong ability to understand end-to-end manufacturing processes for structural components.
- Actively support a prototype, pilot, or production build and perform the audit.
- Perform bolted joint analysis & Creo simulation or equivalent FEA analysis.
- Effectively apply design-related Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) steps
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, engineering drawings, manufacturing processes, and Machine Bill of Material (BOM).
- Performs design calculations and is accountable for design decisions.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant work experience required: 6-10 years with Bachelor Degree or 3-6 years with Master Degree or 3+ years with Doctorate Degree
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong project management skills – Developing, maintaining and executing to a project management plan. Ability to develop & leverage a global network of engineering resources.
- Active participation in a Technical Society (SAE, IEEE etc.)
- Exceptional ability to perform complex analysis tasks using mathematical/theoretical model & FEA (preferred with Creo simulate)
- Experience in completion of full NPI/CPI program start to finish with focused responsibility on Light Structures and participated in iron validation at the mine site or proving ground.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .