Position – Engineer, COE
Company – Valmet Inc.
Location – Dombivli, Maharashtra, IN
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for quotation and application team during quotation phase.
- Evaluate customer specifications to ensure selected product meets the requirements and determine the feasibility of manufacturing by working with appropriate teams.
- Create and maintain engineering documents for engineered products, (i.e. manufacturing drawings, items, BOMs, specifications, etc.).
- Create and maintain technical documents for customer orders, (i.e. dimensional drawings/Instrumentation drawings/general assembly drawings, customer assembly drawings, calculations, etc.).
- Create ECNs for special-engineered products when needed.
- Provide technical support for factory which includes manufacturing, production, top works and quality related issues.
- Works with senior engineers on engineering technical issues and production information, as needed.
- Actively participate in executing task schedules to ensure timely completion of all assigned duties.
- Participate in COE development projects as needed.
- Domestic or international travel is required for trainings, internal meetings or other job-related tasks when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, or equivalent technical degree with 3-5 years of related engineering experience.
- Prior experience using 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Microsoft Office and general computer proficiency.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude, work flexibility, promote teamwork and exhibit a professional manner with customers and co-workers.
- Experience in valve/actuator business a plus.
- Experience of working in multinational countries company a plus.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks 3D modeling and 2D drafting suites a plus.
- Proficiency in the AutoCAD 2D drafting suite a plus.
- Experience with Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) a plus.
- Experience with Product Data Management and ERP system a plus.
- Experience in fluid flow and pneumatics a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with P&ID’s (piping & instrumentation diagrams) a plus.
- Experience relating to instrumentation/automation engineering a plus.
- Experience in VB, JAVA, C++ or equivalent computer language is a plus.