Position – Engineer, ECM
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology, in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center, GP, Automation & ECM Services, ECM Manufacturing
This role is a part of ECM Manufacturing team in GPAE, EBSC working as Engineer supporting end to end ECM activities in Assembly & Towers factories in Vestas worldwide.
- Read, Interpret & classify released engineering changes.
- Create Problem Reports, Change Requests and Change Notices for all Design and Product changes through PDMLink Windchill
- Case handling of Engineering changes across various phases in the value chain
- Creation of P BOM based on the requests from factories / changes to the G BOM
- Responsible for physical implementation of ECO’s at Suppliers/Factories globally.
- Technical support to Factories on change implementation
- Responsible to validate changes in ECM & assign respective task handler at the Factories
- Conduct/ Participate ECM meetings along with Cross functional teams.
- Participate in Design reviews and decide disposition action
- Participate in Implementation reviews and align on change Implementation dates and action plan for Factories
- Degree in Engineering, for instance Mechanical or Electrical and Electronics
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Production Engineering with experience in Engineering Change Management, Manufacturing Bill of Material creation
- Having exposure in field of either Wind turbine part manufacturing specifically Generators and controls and converters systems.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate Engineering drawings and Technical specifications.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate production documentation (PWI, PFMEA, MCP)
- Hands on experience of PDMlink Windchill
- Hands on experience in using SAP ERP system – BOM Management
- Good working knowledge on Generators and coordinate trains in Wind turbines
- Good working knowledge on Controls and converters systems in Wind turbine
- Fluent in English. (Oral & Written)
- Efficient handling of global stake holders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Power point for reporting day to day developments/ reporting.
- Exposure to Excel macros is added advantage
- Ability to plan & prioritize tasks – also in a time-sensitive situation.
What We Offer
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and to work in a multicultural and international company, where you have the possibility to challenge your skills and develop professionally.
Build, lead and drive the safety & quality strategy and make the difference with the support of senior management.
Your primary workplace will be at Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st January’2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.