Position – CAD Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Applications, Controls & Electrical > Converter & Electrical Module > Switchgear & Cables
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas or technologies are matured, developed, tested and improved. To put it short, Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. We are shaping the future of modern energy.
The Switchgear and Cables team is part of Vestas Converter & Electrical Engineering Module in R&D organization Vestas Power Solutions. The team is an essential contributor in making the current and future wind turbines more efficient and cost effective by developing electrical components such as switchgears and cables.
This is done by being responsible for development and maintenance of the components according to the full value chain requirements.
The daily work will be within a broad network of stakeholders and electrical specialists so you can set the standard for tomorrows design.
The CAD Engineer focus on delivering and implementing CAD design, ensuring that production aspects are embedded in the 3D design and 2D drawings and the Vestas defined standard parts are used.
The CAD Engineer is responsible for implementing design on time and at cost with accountability on the quality and integrity of 3D models, 2D drawings and bill of materials.
You will be based in Chennai, but being a part of the Global Switchgear and Cables team that is spread all through Denmark, India and Portugal.
- Safe working in line with HS&E policy
- Responsible for generating solutions to design issues, fulfilling product and technology road maps
- Delivery of design work to gate reviews and to the project, matching specifications
- Design Engineer is responsible for providing robust, reliable, efficient design solution with highest performance, Quality and lowest cost across the value chain, ie
- Implement and supervise the ECM process (Engineering change management)
- Develop 3D-CAD design/models, 2D drawings and bill of materials based on design specifications
- Define GPS/GD&T on drawings reflecting manufacturing standards
- Ensure cost-efficient design and usage of standard parts as well as manufacturing standards
- Embed relevant design and production knowledge into CAD by defining master models (parametrical models) and design guidelines/ checklists
- Define and supervise work packages for 2D drawings to be handled by colleagues in DK/IND/UK
- Enable delivery of work packages in time and on quality through transparent standard work flows
- Minimum M. Sc. Within Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Structural Engineering or similar
- Core Skills
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and Design
- Engineering drawing: knowledge of international engineering design and drawing standards
- Feasibility studies: knowledge of the execution of feasibility studies
- Mechanical/Electrical design
- Bolted Mech/Elec connections (w/ losses)
- Tolerance Chain Analysis
- Electrical/magnetic machines and impact
- Junction boxes, cabinets, sensors, cable trays, cabling and schematic diagrams
- Clearance and interference fits
- System Engineering knowledge
- Ability to identify impacts from/to other systems
- Knowledge about standards/regulations
- Material and processes knowledge
- Bolts, Casted iron & Forged Steel, Casting simulation, Metallurgy, Machining (e.g. Surface quality specifications)
- Copper, Aluminum, Insulations, Surface protection
- Design process knowledge
- Conduct design reviews with a critical view
- System interface design & stakeholder management
- Ensure 3D/2D CAD quality (GPS, NDT, CTQ)
- Design standards: Eurocodes, European standards, DNVGL
- Personal Skills
- Accountability, collaboration, simplicity, enthusiasm
- High Degree of personal planning
- Good English communication skills (meetings, reporting & presentations)
- Eager to learn and share
- Innovative mindset and enthusiastic
- Team work
- Software Skills
- PDMLink/ Windchill
- Creo Parametric (inc. Piping, Cabling, Simulate)
- Creo View
What We Offer
We offer a true global opportunity in a project-oriented organization with good opportunities for cross-disciplinary and personal development, where emphasis is placed on the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will benefit from working at a high professional level and with a solid technical commitment in a very inspiring environment. You will be directly involved and propel the development of a core system in a wind turbine.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 25th July 2021
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels