Position – Assistant Lead Engineer – WRA
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Global Siting Solutions > Specialist Support & Service Siting > Service Siting
Service Siting team is part of Global Siting Solutions team and it is globally responsible for handling and delivering new standards of wind & site assessment related to the After Sales products that are designed by Vestas for improving the Annual Energy Production (AEP) of the wind turbines. You will be the responsible for performing high quality siting analysis to deliver optimized engineering solution by proper risk evaluation. This will be done by combining your value engineering skills with the commercial expectations of Sales Business Unit and that of the customer. You are also expected to be the technical coach for the engineers. In this position, you will report to Team Leader of Service Siting within the department of Global Siting
- Value engineering of After sales projects using your siting skills
- Detailed reporting
- Stake holder management
- Coaching other engineers
- Supporting the Team leader on process improvement initiatives
- Technical review of engineering work completed by other engineers
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Civil / Aerospace / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Similar specialization
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Wind Resource Assessment (WRA)
- Knowledge / exposure in wind, terrain, aerodynamics and dynamically loaded constructions
- Work structured, systematic and have a consistent attention to detail, which enables you to meet deadlines
- Be a innovative career focused individual who is able to work autonomously and yet appreciates the value in working in teams
- Skilled working experience in WRA software like WindPRO, WAsP, WAsP Engineering or equivalents
- Skilled communication and presentation skills
- Programming skills in R & Python will be an added advantage
- Advanced MS excel skills
What We Offer
- We offer an exciting job with skilled opportunities for professional and personal development possibilities in an inspiring environment at an established wind turbine manufacturer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a good technical commitment.
- Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 10th July 2022.
- Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
- Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
- With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
- Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
- To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.