Position – Senior Engineer – System Engineering, Aerospace
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer – Systems Engineering, Aerospace based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Drive new programs of ‘Aerospace Hydraulic Power Generation System’ development with hydraulic Pumps, Motors & Valves product engineering including engineering processes to meet objectives.
- Execute system engineering work while driving continuous improvement to fulfil project, system KPIs and meet customer satisfaction.
- Work on customer requirements management [DOORS experience preferred], concept selection while dealing with Hydro-Mechanical Multiphysics, risk management, system design validation to enable decision making by using robust design methodologies. DFSS GB certification is necessary.
- Execute System Architecture ideas and demonstrate feasibility through relevant engineering calculations/predictions. Model Base System Engineering experience preferred.
- Execute Electro-Hydro-Mechanical system simulations through MatLab Simulink software complying with the specifications. Drive digital transformation by leveraging data, insights and digital tools.
- Drive and execute a new hydraulic System Development through Eaton PROLaunch / PreLaunch, System Engineering processes.
- Work on CAD, analytical & analysis tools (CATIA, Matlab/Simulink, AmeSim, MathCAD)
- Lead RFP/RFQ process by providing engineering inputs to customer enquiries, creating solutions and estimating materials, testing costs and Engineering NRE.
- Use technical tools and methods. Need proficiency in advanced problem-solving techniques. (Ex.: Teach “How” to use the core tools, endorsing best practices.)
- Prepare and manage schedule with project cost. Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written are necessary with an ability to make necessary status reports, technical presentations to Eaton management and global stakeholders.
- Build strong customer relationships and manage customer communication effectively by providing customer centric solutions.
- Provide visible technical leadership to guide, coach and develop high performing project team/members.
- Post Graduate bachelor’s in engineering (Hydro-Mechanical Domain)
- Master’s degree – 3 to 5 years experience, Min 2 years of System Engineering for Hydraulics System design, development, validation & launch
- Project Engineering, processes and tools, DFSS, Analytical Thinking, Electro-Hydro-Mechanical simulations, Aerospace Products
- Drive for Results, Self-starter, Analysis-First Mindset, Organizational Savvy, Strong Communications and Influencing skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-RT1
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No