Position – Engineer COE
Company – Valmet Inc.
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Are you an energetic and strategic-minded person who wants to be in close co-operation with our customers worldwide and develop our offering further?
Valmet Flow Control Business line is looking for a Global COE Engineer in Mumbai.
Valmet’s Flow Control business line is one of the leading providers of mission-critical flow control solutions and services for process industries. We employ about 2,850 people in approximately 40 countries. With our global team of experts and innovative solutions, we help our customers to improve their process performance and ensure the safe flow of materials.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of Global COE Engineer :
- Provide technical support for quotation and application team during quotation phase.
- Evaluate customer specifications to ensure selected product meets the requirements and determine feasibility of manufacturing by working with appropriate teams.
- Create and maintain engineering documents for engineered products, (i.e. manufacturing drawings, items, BOMs, specifications, etc.).
- Create and maintain technical documents for customer orders, (i.e. dimensional drawings/Instrumentation drawings/general assembly drawings, customer assembly drawings, calculations, etc.).
- Create ECNs for special engineered products when needed.
- Provide technical support for factory which includes manufacturing, production, topworks and quality related issues.
- Works with senior engineers on engineering technical issues and production information, as needed.
- Actively participate in executing task schedules to ensure timely completion of all assigned duties.
- Participate in COE development projects as needed.
- Domestic or international travel is required for trainings, internal meetings or other job-related tasks when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, or equivalent technical degree with 3-5 years of related engineering experience.
- Prior experience using 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Microsoft Office and general computer proficiency.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude, work flexibility, promote teamwork and exhibit a professional manner with customers and co-workers.
- Experience in valve/actuator business a plus.
- Experience of working in multinational countries company a plus.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks 3D modeling and 2D drafting suites a plus.
- Proficiency in the AutoCAD 2D drafting suite a plus.
- Experience with Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) a plus.
- Experience with Product Data Management and ERP system a plus.
- Experience in fluid flow and pneumatics a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with P&ID’s (piping & instrumentation diagrams) a plus.
- Experience relating to instrumentation/automation engineering a plus.
- Experience in VB, JAVA, C++ or equivalent computer language is a plus.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 17,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper, and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.
Take next step forward apply here: