Position – Associate Engineer
Company – United Airlines
Location – Gurugram, Haryana, IN
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Technical Operations includes the maintenance, and overhaul of our aircraft. This includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
Job overview and responsibilities
As an Associate Engineer at United you will be challenged to provide support for a wide range of aircraft systems, maintenance programs, engines as well as operational engineering functions. You must be able to understand, analyze and seek solutions to the design, operation, maintenance, performance or repair of aircraft and their components. You should also be able to logically approach problem solving, define an aircraft maintenance program or configurations and ensure a safe and legal operation. You will also evaluate the benefits of the cost impact of projects that can be added to the aircraft. You will be responsible for working with both internal and external customers on technical issues, work scope recommendations and failure investigations. Your project work will increase in complexity as you gain critical experience in aircraft programs. You could work in a variety of engineering departments based on current needs.
- Review Service Bulletins (SBs) from airframe manufacture or component manufacture for effectivity to United Fleet
- Develops solutions and implementation plans , project justification, cost/benefit analysis, and overall management of project implementation which can include obtaining FAA approvals and coordinate warranty recovery on SBs that are applicable
- Proactive in communications and engagement with domestic engineering team members to ensure daily work assignments are on track and in alignment with goals
- Organize and manage the priorities for assigned responsibilities and accomplish the work process to meet all deliverable for projects both on line and base aircraft as well as maintenance program changes and technical specification revisions
- Coordinate work with other operational groups to ensure airworthiness, safety, regulatory compliance, operational reliability and operational efficiency
- Development and training through virtual, onsite sessions and independent learning modules
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded. This position is for United Airlines Business Services Pvt. Ltd – a wholly owned subsidiary of United Airlines Inc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical
- 0-1 years entry level; university graduate
- Strong written/oral communication skills, data focused, able to work in a team environment, project management, analytical skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be fluent in English and Hindi (written and spoken)
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering – AME certification from a reputable institution
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT