Position – Design Engineer – Inventor, Ahmedabad GUJ
Company – Trelleborg Industrial Solutions (TIS)
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead. Our people are the Shaping Industry from the Inside. Why don´t you join us?
Do you want to experience new challenges and innovate the future of engineered polymer solutions? Accelerate your career with Trelleborg and start shaping the industry from the inside.
Who are we?
Trelleborg Industrial Solutions (TIS) is a global leader in innovative polymer-based solutions for key industries and critical infrastructure. We are one of three Business Areas within the Trelleborg Group, with a total of about 6,000 employees around the world.
Trelleborg Marine & Infrastructure is committed to advancing operational performance in marine, port, and built infrastructure, empowering our clients to succeed at the highest level.
About the Job
As a Design Engineer, you have a responsibility to finish the design, modeling & drafting work allocated to you by your seniors in an efficient and timely manner. This job will entail the completion of 3D models and engineering drawings, maintaining work documentation, and keeping all projects organized. You will work with Engineers/Project Managers based in different locations worldwide to ensure that your work fully aligns with the Customer’s requirements and is in line with TMS standards. The duties and responsibilities of the Design Engineer is not limited to those listed below and are subject to change as per the needs of the business.
- Providing CAD support for products associated with the Customer Group activities.
- Read and understand the project requirements and connect with respective project owners to clarify data required to complete the project.
- Discuss with line manager about the project assigned.
- Maintain all communication in writing through mail, even if telephonic discussion is made. Summarize mail should be sent for discussed points to respective persons.
- Should follow effective modeling and drawings practice.
- Ensure Information on drawings and documents are accurate and aligning to the requirement.
- The successful and timely delivery of all drafting and modeling assigned work to you.
- Ensure models and dwgs built/issued for any product are feasible for manufacturing, assembly and installation.
- Microplanning of tasks assigned.
- Follow defined company processes and standards.
- Maintaining customer centricity and ensuring customer happiness through delivery of your work.
- Performing engineering activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Checking of other engineer’s models, drawings and other technical documents.
- Maintaining drawing archives.
- Ensure, given responsibilities on or before time, with full accuracy.
- If given task is completed, you should approach your immediate line manager.
- Carry out general tasks as designated by the line manager.
- Communicate efficiently both in writing and verbally
- Moderate to strong understanding of engineering principles
About the Ideal Candidate
- BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field. With a minimum 3 years of work experience in design and engineering.
- Hands-on experience in Autodesk Inventor
- Having knowledge of I-logic and CAD automation would be an added advantage.
- Exposure to working methodology as per ISO9001
Trelleborg is an equal-opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Don’t delay! We’re hiring as quickly as possible”
At Trelleborg, our people are #shapingindustryfromtheinside