Position – Lead Design Engineer Mechanical
Company – Thermax Limited
Exp. – 4 – 9 years
Location – Pune( Chinchwad ), Maharashtra, IN
Roles and Responsibilities
- Thermal, mechanical, configuration design (or verification of designs from Process Engineering) of solid fuel-fired and O&G fired boilers and heaters and accessories.
- Preparing HMBDs, Preparation of P & IDs for solid fuel-fired boilers and Heaters including accessories, subsystems, and hook-up diagrams & PFD’s.
- Attending order transfer meetings with cross functions, Kick-off Meetings with customers. Conducting Design reviews, and preparing corresponding documentation as per prescribed procedure in an EPC environment.
- Conceptual sizing and selection of components and subsystems, Bought outs like Fuel handling, Ash Handling, Feedwater pumps, Thermic fluid pumps, tanks, control valves, valves and fittings, Pollution control equipment, etc. Preparing purchase specifications, datasheets for the bought-outs. Reviewing and approving vendor’s technical specs, offers, GAD’s, and other vendor technical documents.
- Conceptual sizing and selection/design, preparing inputs to detail team for of BOP components like tanks, ducting, piping, supporting structures. Co-ordination and inputs to piping and structural Engineering vendors.
- Preparing a plan for releases of drawings and documents along with draftsmen, planning and reviewing for timely completion of the releases. Preparing BOMs and specifications for bought-outs and releasing. Preparing inputs, checking outputs, and ensuring timely releases of drawings and boms. Documents include drawings for supply items as well as customers’ documents like site drawings, block layouts, foundation drawings, O & M Manuals, etc.
- Customer co-ordination: Attending Kick-off Meetings with customers, Block layout finalization, co-ordination with customers consultants.
- Internal co-ordination: Co-ordination with Projects, Proposals, Materials, and other departments for getting clarity on inputs and clarifications, vendors document compliance, customer communications.
- Relevant experience in the Design of Solid fuel-fired boilers and Heaters will be added advantage, however, experience in related fields will also be considered.
- Hands-on Expertise on various software’s like CAD / AUTOCAD, knowledge on PDMS & 3D modeling, Solid Edge, STAAD for structure stress analysis & CAESAR for piping stress analysis, TEKLA will be added advantage
- Offhand Expertise knowledge on Code calculation – IBR & ASME, EN, will be added advantage.
- Certifications in the field of boiler, Heat exchanger design, plant design will be an added advantage.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Qualification: B.E Mechanical/ B-Tech
- Experience: 4-8 years of relevant experience in Thermal/ Mechanical designing and Detailing
- Location: EcoHouse, Chinchwad, Pune
- No of vacancies : 3 (three)
Brief Job Description:
Designing Solid fuel-fired boilers, O&G Fired Boilers, and Thermic fluid heaters according to client specifications, including Thermal/configuration design, conceptual design with the preparation of P & I diagrams. Block layouts and preparing further inputs for BOP to the detailing team as required for complete EPC project within Project specified timelines.
Thermax Group is an INR 4704 crore company, providing a range of engineering solutions to the energy and environment sectors. We are headquartered in Pune, India, and operate globally through 33 International offices and 13 manufacturing facilities – 7 of which are in India and 6 overseas.
We are one of the few companies in the world that offers integrated innovative solutions in the field of heating, cooling, power, water and waste management, air pollution control, and chemicals. The company also designs, builds, and commissions large boilers for steam and power generation, turnkey power plants, industrial and municipal wastewater treatment plants, waste heat recovery systems, and air pollution control projects. We strive to serve our clients better by developing sustainable solutions which are environment-friendly and enable efficient deployment of energy and water resources.