Position – Supplier Quality Engineer
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
TE Connectivity’s Quality Assurance Teams are responsible for all or part of an organization’s Quality Management System, including conformance and continuous improvement initiatives.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for conducting supplier audits, develop suppliers, resolve customer issues via 8D from vendors and support quarterly business reviews to improve the long-term performance of the supplier.
The Supplier Quality Engineer regularly interacts and communicates with Customers, Suppliers, Planning, Sales, Procurement/Commodity Management, Product Engineering, Product Management, and Finance.
What your background should look like:
- Conduct audits and quarterly business reviews with suppliers to evaluate supplier performance.
- Work with suppliers to resolve issues identified in audits and reviews.
- Train and up skill suppliers on quality standards, quality and LEAN tools, TE requirements, best practices, audit skills for tier 2 suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on KPIs, supplier performance, QBRs, audit results, corrective action plans, TE standards and requirements.
- Work with suppliers for 8D corrective actions to ensure that appropriate root cause, solution and verification takes place in timely and comprehensive manner.
- Work with customers as needed to resolve their reported concerns.
- Collaborate and partner with suppliers to ensure the supplier:
o Adheres to quality standards
o Is held accountable for meeting TE requirements, KPIs,
o Has strategic improvement plans in place
- Communicate with suppliers and internal groups.
Qualifications, Experiences & Knowledge:
- 7-10 years of experience and knowledge in the Quality profession.
- Experience in 8D (eight disciplines) problem solving approach strongly desired.
- University degree in Engineering is required (Electrical / Mechanical engineering, Process engineering, Manufacturing engineering preferred)
- Accredited to conduct supplier audits preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of conducting supplier audits.
- Be able to understand processes, supplier contractual agreements & competitors as needed.
- Technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in quality engineering assignments.
- Ability to pick up new information and processes quickly.
- Proactive and self-starter.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation