Position – Structural Analysis Engineer
Company – AMETEK Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
The role involves Carrying out the Structural (FEA) Analysis to assist design and development activities associated with a wide range of new and existing products like advanced liquid cooling, pumping solutions, complex, highly-engineered components, and assemblies for Aerospace, Defense, and commercial exploration applications. The successful candidate will be assigned to projects and will be expected to complete the work with a high degree of accuracy while working independently. The scope involves working within a multi-disciplinary global team including Project Leaders, Mechanical design engineers to support product development. The work will be as directed by the Engineering Manager – India but will also involve significant interaction with the wider engineering team in the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, include the following:Essential Duties and Responsibilities, include the following:
- Role – Sr. FEA Engineer / Technical Lead
- Strong FEA analysis background and ability to understand the design process and translate FEA results to provide good Design verification inputs.
- Ability to perform hand calculations, apply Engineering principles of Strength of Materials, Engineering Mechanics, and Material science in Analysis activities.
- Good Understanding of Structural design principles and capable of providing design improvements, weight reduction techniques, Optimization techniques, Alternate mounting arrangements without affecting the overall compliance requirements.
- Must have experience working on Aerospace products and the various types of analyses carried out – Ex. Vibration, Fatigue, Shock, etc.
- Good Understanding in Fatigue Life validation methodologies. Should be able to apply appropriate justification on materials allowable data using MMPDS
- Knowledge of MIL-810 and RTCA/DO-160 standards and ability to extract the required boundary conditions based on the product installations. Further, knowledge of customized requirements/ Structures plans followed in the Aerospace industry is preferred.
- Work closely with the Design team and the ability to provide design inputs at an early stage of the product design cycle.
- Good Documentation / Report writing Skills. Preparing relevant presentations and word reports.
- Background on testing and verification methods will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of CAD and CFD (Flow / Thermal Simulation) simulation will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Solidworks and Solidworks Simulation would be desirable
Education, Experience & Tool skills:
- Graduate/Post-Graduate in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 8 to 10+ years of experience in a similar industry/field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Strong background in the use of ANSYS Workbench/Mechanical. Other FEA Platforms are also encouraged, But the primary FEA software to be used will be ANSYS.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and Work effectively with US Team