TE Connectivity is Hiring | R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER |
Position – R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER I
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, and introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, and testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Models, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches, or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operations or the quality of products. Typical fields of expertise include materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical, and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
- Provide technical support, failure analyses, and problem-solving assistance on product issues related to design or function, manufacturing, quality, or application.
- Work closely with internal teams and customers on product change management and the design/development of product family extensions or customer-driven initiatives for use in new applications. Maintain engineering control of product-related documentation via the engineering change management system.
- Develop and execute product validation test plans in close consultation with the engineering team, customer, and central test lab personnel.
- Communicate product performance requirements effectively through CAD data, production drawings, applications, and performance specifications.
- Work closely with the new product launch teams and provide engineering support to ensure a smooth launch and transition of products into the manufacturing plant.
- Identify and implement cost-saving initiatives to provide design and/or manufacturing process advantage.
- Establish a method to track ongoing product/process issues and document corrective actions taken to address these. Communicate with and update development teams accordingly, to enable continuous improvement cycle in product design and manufacturing process.
- Provide engineering support for activities related to additional manufacturing capacity tooling, tool transfers, or other changes that are required at the production facilities to maintain TE’s competitive advantage.
Candidate desired profile
- 2+ years of professional working experience in the Automotive Industry.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Good Experience in Product validation and testing (DV / PV) of automotive products
- Familiarity with hybrid and electric vehicle architectures and experience with High Voltage connectors/charging inlets and cable assemblies will be a plus.
- Broad knowledge of Automotive inter-connection industry standards/systems, design practices, materials, and manufacturing processes are preferred.
- Proficient in CAD application PTC Creo / ProE for generation of 3D solid models and 2D drawings (with GD&T standards)
- Effective problem-solving skills (Fishbone Diagram, 5 Why Analysis, etc.)
- Experience using engineering tools such as Tolerance stack-up Analysis, DFMEA/PFMEA, and DoE.
- Working knowledge of CAE simulation tools such as ANSYS for structural and thermal analyses is helpful.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize issues with attention to detail and timely decision-making.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation