Position – Qlty & Reliability Engineer II
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment.
We are looking for Experienced Product Certification Engineer to handle all the world-wide certifications (UL/CSA/VDE/TUV/IEC CB, etc.) for various product families in TE Appliances Business Unit.
What your background should look like:
- BU PoC for the TE Appliances Business Unit, Product approvals & certification activities globally, across all regions.
- Shall act as a project manager and be very diligent, methodical and organized in carrying out the agency activities.
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding on the agency technical reports, test reports, specifications and procedures is a must.
- Spearhead the continuous improvement activities, 5S and kaizen event for lean process and cost saving activities.
- Shall be subject matter expert and provide guidance to the internal teams on the interpretation of technical/standard requirements to be applied for each various product as per standard /country regulations/agency requirements.
- Coordinate with the testing/certification agencies, track projects and lead them to a logical closure for all regulatory agency approvals activities for existing, modified and new product.
- Monitor standards develop and review products and advice engineers to ensure product compliance.
- Establish and maintain reliable records on all aspects of the approval process.
- Resolve follow-up service, inspector variation notices from the agency including plant “shutdowns”.
- Conducting training session on the agency requirement/standards to the internal teams.
Qualification & Critical Experience
- Educational qualification: BE/BTECH Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience in Product Safety Certification Domain.
- In depth knowledge of regulatory compliance process pertaining to electrical safety products and standards.
- Strong understanding of engineering design practices, product development lifecycles, design change and technical specifications and ability to communicate effectively with engineering teams.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and propose practical solutions for improvements.
- Innovative thinking and continuous process improvement mindset.
- Good Collaboration with team and overseas members.
- Flexibility in learning, multi-tasking and executing variety of certification tasks in short time.
- A strong attitude of ownership of success and failure. Responsible and committed to quality results.
- Customer focus mindset / passion to work to provide excellent customer experience.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.