Position – Material Science- BIW Material
Company – Tata Technologies
Location – Pimpri, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Designation: Deputy Engineer
Department: Material Science
Job Location: Pimpri, Pune
Experience: 1-5 Years
Education Qualification: Technical Diploma (Metallurgy /Material Science /Mechanical/ Joining Technology)
Work requirement/Project deliverables:
Testing and evaluation of material, joints, and fastener coatings in automotive BIW.
- Sample & fixture preparation for BIW materials and different Joint testing
- Specify test requirements for validation of paint system and surface coatings for vehicle parts/assembly.
- Material characterization for BIW parts and different joints
- Failure investigation and root cause analysis for in-house or field failures
- Report preparation with test observation and analysis
- Co-ordination with different departments/suppliers for testing and its execution
Primarily Skill: Domain expertise in Sheet Metal Material, Processes, and Joining Technologies
Secondary Skill: Communication skills and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of automotive Steel making, sheet metal grades, joining processes, and respective national and international standards
- To have detailed knowledge of metal characterization methods and respective test standards and their relationship with field performance
- Understanding of factors affecting material behaviors
Preferred to have:
- Knowledge of material properties attributing to formability of BIW part.
- Exposure to fastener plating/coating processes
Work Experience Details:
- Minimum 3 years in material testing
- Weld testing, Joint testing, Metallurgy, Metal Testing, Sheet Metal