Position – Engineer – Aerospace Conveyance
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
What you’ll do:
- If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer – Aerospace Conveyance in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, and wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
- The incumbent in this position is responsible for the successful leading and execution of a wide range of Aerospace projects, including New Product Introduction, Application engineering, and VAVE, while driving continuous improvement to meet project KPIs and ensure stakeholder and customer satisfaction.
- The person in this position will be responsible for working independently on the product line for assignments planned by the Engineering Manager of the associated business group.
- The person will also be responsible for handling all communication with stakeholders regarding the work at hand and coordinating all related activities to complete the projects.
- Execute technical, schedule, cost, and quality commitments for every deliverable as per project scope.
- An additional responsibility of managing the project/program financials as appropriate.
- Provides feedback on performance indicators.
- Establish objectives and goals and provide direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope, and risk assessment.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements.
- Communication & managing customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, and preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Provide monthly project updates (Project Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of the current situation relating to milestones and problem/high-risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provide updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering or Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
- BE/B.Tech with 3+ years of engineering/product design experience in a relevant domain or ME/M.Tech in Mechanical or related engineering areas with 1+ years of experience
- Play a key role in developing business proposals and executing the overall program plan
- Lead the creation of the integrated project plans & schedules, and project budget in partnership with the team and the organization. Manage, forecast, collect costs, and report on project budget/schedule
- Provide visible technical leadership traits to achieve the team’s common objectives/goals.
- Drive and execute New Product Design and Development through Eaton PROLaunch / PreLaunch/ACES Engineering processes
- Create Product Concepts & Architecture ideas and demonstrate, expertise in STEM – Science Technology Engineering Mathematics basics for demonstrating the feasibility of designs through relevant Engineering calculations/predictions
- Has proficiency with CAD, Analytical Tools (CATIA, Auto CAD, etc.), Limits, Fits & Tolerancing, GD&T
- Know-how of Digital tools and capabilities including but not limited to – Python Programming, Advance Excel, PowerBI, VB, and/or similar equivalent, etc
- Experience in product development working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in leading projects and managing project KPIs
- Experience in managing the dynamic prioritization
- Experience in product prototype development and testing
- Proficiency in one or more CAD tools; Preferably CATIA and experience with PLM tool
- Hard-working ability and desire for excellence in executing projects
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes and product engineering tools
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong & effective communication skills
- Drive for Innovation with an aim to create business impacts
- Desired: Expertise in DFSS tools like DFMEA, DoE, Monte Carlo Analysis, etc.
- Special Skills: Creative thinking