Position – Post Graduate Engineer Trainee
Company – Stryker
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Full Job Description
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker’s engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want:
Describe the open role, highlighting key responsibilities and tasks. This verbiage will be used in job postings to draw in potential candidates.
What you will do:
- Under supervision, design, develop, modify, and verify mechanical components for medical devices
- Assist with prototyping and bench testing
- Support problem solving, root cause analysis, identify potential solutions, and evaluate them against requirements
- Under supervision, conduct research and studies to support product design
- Interpret customer needs and understands design inputs
- Understand the product’s intended use and clinical procedures
Med Device Compliance:
- Understand fundamental industry standards, design requirements and test strategies which align with regulatory requirements
- With supervision, create or refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History file per company design control procedures
- Learn R&D procedures like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System
- With supervision, work with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success
- Learn procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology required
- Work on problems in limited scope; purposefully learn while gaining experience
- Demonstrate ownership and integrity of work
- Build stable relationships
- Contribute to the project as a team member
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or BioMedical & 0+ years of work experience
Preferred Qualifications (Strongly desired):
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering practices and tools, design principles within a regulated environment.
- Basic knowledge of design and concept generation CAD or CAE modeling tools
- Basic knowledge of analysis tools and statistical methods
- Basic knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods
- Ability to read and Interpret complex drawings
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com