Position – Project Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Full Job Description
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Project Engineer, reporting to Engineering Manager for Electrification Business Area for Distribution Solutions Division based in Nashik. You will be responsible for designing authority for Low Voltage Switchgear Mechanical Engineering discipline with medium – high complexity projects working with ABB MNS Artu-K or equivalent Low Voltage Switchgear portfolio. Complete assignments on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, safety requirements.
- Acts as a technical / project engineer, approves design deliverables. Reviews all project documents for conformity, safety and quality assurance. Anticipates and solves crucial issues and/or unique conditions. Serves as a specialist in the application of advanced concepts and methods. To understand customer specification in order to evaluate techno-commercial risks in project.
- Works with the customer to shape and deliver solutions and seeks customer feedback to drive and deliver improvements. Finalizes ‘Fail-Safe Philosophy’, ‘secure-by-design principles and other key concepts as part of Kick-Off and Design Freeze Meetings. Participates in project meetings and resolves any outstanding technical issues to meet contractual obligations. Assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs.
- Applies Design Thinking / Design for Excellence concepts in projects, including modelling, proto-typing, simulation and calculations. Performs Project Peer-Reviews. Utilizes checklists to perform design verification according applicable standards and engineering guidelines. Actively contributes and shares experiences in workshops pertaining to engineering design, tools and processes. Coaches engineering colleagues on the translation of conceptual designs to engineering documentation, best practices and lessons learned from past projects.
- Develops, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures and tools. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests ideas for improvements
- Assesses and addresses technical risks and opportunities . Reports any contract / safety / cyber-security / quality / program / cost issues to Project Manager(s) along with recommendations, for resolution.
- Ensures Bill of Material (BOM) for the project meets contractual obligations; and project gross margin requirements by not generating Project Left-Over Material (PLOM). Identifies and implements variation requests to support contract claims based on the approval from Project Manager.
- Create work plans and cost estimates for the portfolio of projects in consultation with respective Project Managers and ensures quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Prepares RFQs to meet contractual requirements and provides technical evaluation of suppliers’ proposals. Collaborates with the Supply Chain function and the Project Manager(s)
- Coordinates with Manufacturing and Testing functions to ensure the technical solutions are appropriately manufactured/ staged and tested. Ensures the engineering deliverables as-built are updated.
- Coordinates with Commissioning / Service functions to ensure the designs are appropriately installed and commissioned (if applicable as part of the contract). Ensures the engineering deliverables are updated post installation & commissioning.
- To optimize, standardize & sustain engineering processes.
- Communicating with customer for getting their real requirement & give best solution for projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 to 5 Years of experience in Design / Project Engineering.
- Strong experience in MNS/ Artu K
- Basic knowledge in Low Voltage Switchgear Engineering
- Experience in Design to Order (DTO) / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering for ABB MNS and Artu-K / MNS3.0 low voltage
- Experienced in engineering tools like, Configurator, and SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- Familiar with international standards like IEC Standards
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence both internally and externally
More about us
ABB’s Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.