Stantec is Hiring | Associate Mechanical Designer |
Position – Associate Mechanical Designer E&I
Company – Stantec
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Contribute to the ongoing growth of Stantec ResourceNet Private India Ltd by providing technical assistance in mechanical design, as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering conceptual design, outline design, detailed design. It is likely that basic assistance in engineering support during construction may also be required (providing remote assistance based in Stantec’s Pune office). This technical support will be predominantly for Energy & Industry (power and dams, oil and gas, mining etc.) sector projects across Stantec’s global offices (UK, North America, Middle East, Asia Pacific etc.). Similarly mechanical assistance for design of Building Mechanical may also be required.
Support project managers/team leader by providing technical expertise to ensure that project outcomes in terms of profit, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and Stantec expectations.
- 3D modeling, 2D drawing extraction for Mechanical scope of work
- Preparation of Mechanical general arrangement drawings
- Produce Mechanical schedules such (Valve, Penstocks, Equipment and Lifting),
- Assist in intelligent 3D model, preparation of mechanical general arrangement drawings for Outline design and Detailed design,
- Prepare technical reports/drawing,
- Produce Bill of Quantities,
- Assist in piping layout and isometric drawings,
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor/management,
- Need to work off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
- Need to travel offshore for training/on-site work: Occasionally
Associate Mechanical Designer E&I
- Total years of experience – at least 3 years
- Bachelors/ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of hydraulics, and mechanical rotating equipment like pumps, blowers, compressors, turbines etc.
- Knowledge and experience of 2D and 3D drafting software such as AutoCAD, REVIT MEP, INVENTOR.
- Competent level of baseline skills, i.e. professional and confident with the essential, basic business and communication skills that are required for career growth in all positions.
- Able to make effective use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- The person must necessarily have the following skills:
- Strong client service focus
- Organised work habits
- Stable career record
- Team member
- Quick learner
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to safe work practices
- Overseas experience will be preferred
- Should be a team player
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Drafting
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Location : India-Maharashtra-Pune