John Crane is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – Gas Seal Support Systems
Company – John Crane
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
A dedicated team supporting John Crane activities on international / global projects located in Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa in pre and post order activities by offering central and comprehensive project management.
This position will report to Team Leader /Sr.Engineer of the Filtration & Seal Support Systems manufacturing locations assigned. The primary focus of this position is Engineering standardisation, CAD automation and Engineering tools. In addition to the standardisation, resource sharing for Pre-Order and Post Order Engineering during peak load and customised engineering as and when required.
- Gas Seal Support Systems & Filtration Systems. – Oil & Gas Filters for Turbo Machineries in Gas Compression , Power Generation and other process industries application.
- Lube oil systems, Fuel Gas conditioning systems, Seal gas conditioning systems and Mechanical Seal support systems for Pumps and Compressors
Duties & Responsibilities
Global Engineering Standardization:
- Standardisation of P&ID, Symbols & Schematic as 2D CAD libraries for Filtration and Mechanical Seal Support systems for Pumps and Compressors.
- Prepare standard Engineering tools, work instructions, process flow charts and project charters for process improvements.
- Assisting engineering design process from development of initial product concepts through detailed design, testing, BOM creation, production drawing/part number creation, implementation and ongoing technical product support.
- Support the field organization in the development of training materials, technical papers and other technical product support.
- Planning & co-ordination of all techno-commercial activities related to Filtration products & Gas Seal Support Systems
- Analysis of customer / project specifications
- Selection of Instrumentation /valves/ Filters / fluid control system products and related ancillaries
- Filters / Seal Support System Sizing for various applications
- Contacting Sub Vendors/COE’s for Technical Clarifications and Best Cost
- Preparation of quotations and proposals for the products selected
- Creating processes and procedures, documentation and creating a knowledge bank.
Post -Order Engineering
- P&ID , GAD and BOM
- Datasheets for all Instruments, Valves, Filters, Separators, Seal Gas Heaters, Seal Gas Boosters, Electrical and Instruments control modules etc.
- Selection and sizing of the above components.
- Instrument Hookups
- Electrical Wiring Diagram
- Logic Diagram
- Cause & Effect
- Control Narratives
- Documentation Index for MDR/SDRL/VDRL.
- Quality Plan /ITP
- Installation, Operation & Maintenance Manual
- Detailed Engineering Calculations
- Participating & Managing Technical Review meeting with Customer/EPC /OEM.
- Reviewing Suppliers Quote and technical alignment
- Compile complete engineering documents and deliver to manufacturing plants
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation from reputed university with 3 years relevant Industrial experience.
- Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical / Instrumentation) with 5 Years relevant Industrial experience.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in Mechanical seal support systems / Oil & Gas Filter Engineering/Seal Gas /Fuel gas conditioning systems or Gas processing plant /equipment’s.
- Application knowledge in the field of API plans for pump seal system or Lube oil Consoles or Oil Lubricating Systems or Pre-jacking systems, HP-LP systems or Filtration units etc, for applications in Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Steel, Chemical industries
- Strong knowledge in P&ID and Instrumentation & Control. Ability to select and sizing of Level, Flow, Pressure and Temperature instrumentation. Working knowledge in DCS & PLC will be given preference.
- Hands on experience in PFD, P&ID and Instrument datasheets to meet various global standards, safety and local regulations.
- Knowledge of Electrical & Instrumentation selection and requirements for Hazardous Area Classification and Mechanical Protection are preferable
- Knowledge about API 682, API 614 and API 692 will be an added advantage.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.