Position – Lean Manufacturing Engineer
Company – Stanley Black & Decker
Exp. – 3 to 4 years
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security, and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. Currently, we are searching for a results-driven Lean Manufacturing Engineer in Pune, India.
Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Also, have extensive knowledge of health and safety regulations and practices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure overall accountability for manufacturing process design, manufacturing fixtures, PFMEA, CAPA & RCA for product & process failures. S
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Responsible for Production capacity analysis & improvement, OEE tracking.
- Evaluate manufacturing method to increase O/p per employee, improve labor efficiency, identifying NVA.
- Reduce efforts in current manufacturing methods by applying automation, removing waste & applying new techniques in the industry.
- Adopt lean manufacturing principles like KAIZEN, 5S, TPM, waste elimination to improve manufacturing methods.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations, and network performance
- Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Education: BE – Mechanical/Production
- Specialized knowledge: ‘SIX SIGMA, Lean Manufacturing Principles, TPM, KAIZEN, process improvement, capacity analysis, engineering drawings, GD & T, Cp, Cpk, PFMEA
- Knowledge & Skills: Knowledge of design & manufacturing of Plastic Molds, Press tool, PDC dies, Jigs & Fixtures, etc. Hands-on experience in the Part development process for plastic & stamping and pressure die casting parts. Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design.
- Abilities: Ability to work well under pressure, Multitasking & to work smoothly with all levels of company employees.
- Personal characteristics: Should be polite, respectful & prompt.
- Professional Certification: SIX SIGMA, Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Experience: 3-4 years.