Position – Process Modelling Engineer
Company – SPX FLOW
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
This position is responsible for the process simulation of technologies and processes applicable to all SPX FLOW relevant products in food, beverage, personal care, and pharmaceutical applications. The incumbent will be assigned to lead the establishment of a new process simulation platform. They will drive the integration of existing simulation models as well as support the development of new designs and troubleshooting efforts. Responsibilities will include modeling/simulating process systems, developing and/or maintaining proprietary knowledge within the models/tools, and working closely with other functions to deliver F&B systems projects.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Execute modeling & simulation projects related to design and/or performance
- Develop and document process mapping by translating discussions into process flows and process documentation
- Conduct exploratory and applied analyses by developing and utilizing rigorous steady-state and dynamic process models using software packages provided
- Identify R&D/NPD ideas by analyzing production data and comparing with process simulation outputs
- Effectively manage simulation data
- Utilize simulation data management methods to store, organize and share simulation data.
- Effectively compare, both qualitatively and quantitatively, simulation data to the field and/or laboratory measurements/observations
- Effectively collaborate with technical specialists and/or process equipment/system
- Effectively communicate results to stakeholders through reports and presentations
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of process system engineering and modeling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate and facilitate discussions at all business levels (internally and externally).
- Ability to build and maintain personal networks across geographic boundaries and confidently work in a global environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work with and through others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Technology, Computer Science, or a similar field is required in combination with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in process engineering, process modeling, and simulation.
- A Master’s Degree is desired but not a must.
- Proven ability and prior experience with simulation platforms such as gPROMS, Aspen Plus, ChemCAD, and other process simulators is required.
- Knowledgeable in process design and understanding Process & Instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Factory experience in Food and Beverage processing is advantageous.