Position – Testing & Laboratory Assistant
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly, and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This is a Testing & Laboratory Assistant role, reporting to the Lab Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be responsible for supporting the execution of routine tests on different devices in accordance with standardized testing methodologies and requirements. You will be also responsible for document test results and updating internal process/procedure documents and instructions.
- Participating as a team member and supporting the execution of routine tests for all types of products according to test plans in cooperation with technicians or other resources.
- Supporting test reports according to the applicable standard(s) for the tested product.
- Taking the test results and documents results for review.
- Updating the required technical/support documents appropriately according to results.
- Updating internal process/procedure documents and instructions.
- Supporting the planning and the implementation of test plans by coordinating the resources allocated.
- Supporting the maintenance activities related to the equipment and tools used by the laboratory.
- Assisting and supporting the external certification inspectors during testing activities for ABB products or external customer products.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- BE/ B.Tech in mechanical or electrical.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in lab testing.
- Experience in using prototyping machines viz, drilling, milling, riveting, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical connections (cable/busbars).
- Any Safety Training Certification & Electrical Safety Awareness.
- BOPT/ Stacker/ Material movement Equipment Awareness.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning