Position – Design Engineer
Company – SPX FLOW
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Designs and develop the concepts on CAD, create and get reviewed material part specifications and bills of materials. Collaborate with internal partners, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability. Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings. This role supports the team/ senior engineers to execute CAD migration, VA/VE programs in timely manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design components utilizing advanced modeling tools and engineering principles.
- Provide engineering support for legacy products, legacy designs and cost reduction efforts.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills and the ability to think creatively to create solutions, drive execution and focus on results.
- Create / Review 3D part & assembly models, 2D manufacturing drawings, engineering BOM, Support sales & marketing literature, technical documentation like IM’s, brochures, data sheets, catalogs etc.
- Manage the documentation and execution of engineering changes.
- Participate in design reviews and document open issues.
- Track progress, maintain data for KPI, KQI
- Perform towards achieving the quality metrics
- Document records for all project proposal and associated activities.
- Perform other product development related duties as requested, directed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Well versed in wide variety of production processes including (but not limited to) machining, casting, welding, Polishing.
- Has experience designing machined components for Valves. (Butterfly Valve preferred)
- Valve design or manufacturing experience for food and beverage industry a plus, but not required.
- Project Planning and Execution: Maintain focus on priorities. Maintain flexibility as priorities change. Be aware of short timelines from start to finish of project.
- Utilize software programs such as (but not limited to) MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and 1 – 3 years of component design experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven leadership skills and a positive energy.
- Knowledge of valves or rotary equipment’s will be an added advantage.
- Expert knowledge of computer aided design (CAD – Inventor/Solid Works, PTC Direct Modelling will be an added advantage)
- Expert understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5).
- Experience of other Autodesk products (e.g. AutoCAD 3D, Inventor) beneficial
- SAP experience beneficial