Position – Associate Engg- Busway
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Understand customer requirements for busway product & based on requirement can design busway layout with help of AutoCAD.
- Act as Mechanical Tech designer for assigned order to work on development of Busway layout drawings and BOMs as per the order engineering by application engineers.
- Consult with custom order engineering team to define the customized busway layout & propose required design changes.
- Work closely with Senior product engineers, through order reviews and process improvements, to ensure accurate interpretation of customer supplied order information for respective busway orders.
- Support and assist Busway sales & Eaton care teams in resolution of layout related quality issues.
- Ability to interpret data from Busway layouts engineering by Busway COE
- Work closely with application engineer for any issue and discrepancy between run and BOM
- Development of ISO layout runs for customer review and approval as well as final manufacturing and installation drawings with dimension, balloons and detailed bill of material.
- Provide custom solution for individual components (reducers, adaptors, odd degree elbows, etc.)
- Support for medium voltage Non-Segregated Busway (NSB) approval and construction drawings
- Able to identify an issue, propose a solution and review with necessary engineering team (COE, R&D, Quality, etc.) for final approval.
- Able to convert verbal explanation into an Engineering Drawing
- Create and execute Engineering Change Requests/Notices, and enter into the ERP system
Education level required
- BE Mechanical
Years and area of experience required
- 1-3 Years of experience in mechanical layout design or drafting
- Experience in Autodesk Inventor/ProE/AutoCAD
- Experience in PLM software like SAP/Windchill/Enovia and BOM
- Experience creating and interpreting Manufacturing Drawings
- Ability to interpret data from multiple sources to determine final requirements
- Fluent in English and able to communicate with team overseas
- Experience to work with cross functional team
- Experience with stringent timelines, and support of multiple projects in parallel
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only