Smiths Group is hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer – Seal Support Systems
Company – Smiths Group
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
This position will report to Team Leader/Sr. Engineer – Systems. The primary focus of this position is Engineering standardization, CAD automation, and Engineering tools. In addition to the standardization, supporting Pre-Order and Post Order Engineering Drawings, Bill of Materials, Engineering calculations, manufacturing and procurement specifications, and datasheets.
- Process Equipments – Oil & Gas Filters for Turbo Machineries in Gas Compression, Power Generation, Polymer, Mining, Water, and General Industries filtration & separation equipments. Transfer and isolation valves.
- Assembly / Configuration by CAD – Automation using Solid Edge
Duties & Responsibilities – Design Engineering
- General Arrangement of Process Equipments for customer, production, and service teams
- Detailed component drawings, piping isometric drawings, and structural drawings using Solidedge 3D model.
- Material take-off and consolidation of raw materials.
- Detailed BOM including piping and structural.
- Instrumentation and Components Datasheets Preparation,
- Issue complete manufacturing drawing package for the manufacturing plant.
- Calculation of all process equipment according to the specified specifications.
- Design according to various international standards for pressure vessels
- 3D- modeling in Solid Edge and building a 3D library in the Team center.
- Creation of Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Creation of all necessary tool drawings for manufacturing.
- Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths EH&S
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering with 3 to 5 years of relevant Industrial experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 6 years of relevant industrial experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in detailed design & drafting in Pressure Vessels / Filters/ Piping / Seal support systems or similar fluid control systems products or Complex Machineries or process equipment.
- Hands-on experience using Solid Edge CAD software. Solid Edge-CAD package customization & library creation for 3D parts, sub-assemblies & main assemblies.
- Strong hands-on skills in Solid Edge 3D/2D. Experience with CAD Automation programming. Solid Edge and Rule stream experience are mandatory.
- Work experience in Solid Edge 3D CAD automation projects in Engineering service companies and sound CAD programming skills will be added advantages.
- Passion for creative design, aesthetic engineering, and ability to generate complex 3D CAD models and CAD customization skills will be given preferences.
- Should have very good application knowledge of Fits and Tolerances and GD&T in the Design of precision assemblies
At Smiths, we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are an FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity, and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create a competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with curious minds, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge, and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems, and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. The fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.