Position – Assistant Manager – Application Engineering -India
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling, and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering, and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 8,600 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.8 billion in revenues in fiscal 2021.
Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CAM APPLICATION ENGINEER
WHY THIS POSITION NEEDED IN KENNAMETAL
Integration of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) into manufacturing practices has always been a key method of improving the quality of products and optimizing the time of production. Computer control of machining systems that involves CAD/CAM-based support is being widely accepted in industries. CAD techniques enable the creation of similar geometries for quick retrieval of electronic files. CAM provides the facilities to monitor and create tool paths to take on the workpiece. Advanced CAM software packages provide a full set of machine tools and a machine setup virtual environment to dynamically simulate the machining operations. The dynamic simulations provide important support for NC- code generation, NC- code verification and editing, detection of collision error, material removal analysis, efficient use of available tools, huge time-saving in part programming, etc. The process simulation can analyze and verify designs before a prototype is made.
Machining process simulation activities are dedicated to creating a dynamic simulation of the cutting operations in a virtual environment.
- Creating and describing the part geometry.
- Simulating the machining of the part (visual verification of the part program).
- Generation and verification of NC-code program to cut the part.
- Creating tool database
- Virtual representation of CNC machine and machining environment
- Utilization of process technology knowledge base
- Verification and optimization of the depth of cut, feed rate, cutting speed, and tool path.
- Use of machining process simulation for teaching purposes
- Machining process planning
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To grow KIL’s share in Projects by demonstrating Value added benefits to customers, for Kennametal Products.
- He/she will define an interface machining process with tooling, fixturing, and the machine tool and demonstrate through simulation of virtual machining.
- He/she will also provide support for cycle time estimation and NC program generation including its interface with the machine. (Post Processors, verifications, etc., )
- He/she should set an example to sell Kennametal Products on technical grounds by making successful Product – Process and machining recommendations.
- Support process optimization (existing) projects.
- Generate new business sales by networking with Sales and Application engineers.
CANDIDATE PROFILE (Executive / Asst. Manager – CAM Application engineer)
- The Incumbent should hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree or Equivalent with a specialization either in Mechanical Engineering or in Production Engineering. Post-graduation in Computer Aided Manufacturing (CIM) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in software like CATIA, VERICUT, ESPIRIT, Solid works, UG, and NX Mfg. Module and working knowledge in Post Processor would be added advantage.
- Independently executed successful projects using CAM software like CATIA, and Vericut.
- He/she should have sound knowledge of Machining fundamentals, Process Design, Process re-engineering, fundamentals of fixturing, etc.,
- He/she should be willing to travel and meet customers in various geographic locations.
- 5. Communication skills with good command of English (oral & Verbal) is a must.
- Experience: 3 – 7 years in the engineering industry.
- Should be a go-getter with self-motivation and a positive attitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer