Position – Associate Engineer.- ENG.No Sub-Function.
Company – Signify
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We’re looking for a Assistant Sustaining Engineer to join our Engineering team in Pune.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Assistant Development Engineer you’ll be responsible for sustaining initiatives for Customer centricity and Plant support
What you’ll do
- Work with global teams to ensure sustaining/design progression via CAD modeling/reviews, various design analysis such as thermal, stack-up, manufacturing etc., drawing/drafting and model creation.
- Understand plant specific processes for ER and PDR and execute within expected lead time and quality
- Design test plan creation, conducting tests, test plant/results reviews and coordination for execution of tests from other locations
- Conduct analysis/reviews for compliance, DFM, DFA with plants/third party vendors.
- Manage multiple Sustaining programs via the product launch process in a timely manner.
- Support existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
- Create Intellectual Property documents (IPs) around new product design concepts / ideas and drive innovation from ideation through to execution.
- Actively participate in design reviews, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products.
- Change and update BOM’s and product structures as needed and Supporting the data management needs of the engineering organization.
- Creating and modifying electrical wiring diagrams, assist factories with BOM Error Corrections, and use of engineering tools.
- Create UPC codes for finished goods, driving discontinuation and obsolescence projects to include component substitutions and ECN’s
- First article inspection and production release, Issue and control of engineering documentation
- Utilization of change management tools such as SAP ECN (Engineering Change Notifications) to Change components within SAP, Check master data submitted by other departments and enter material group codes to the right product families
- Manage master data within SAP including creating materials and maintaining material status
- Utilize either the GUIXT or SAP PLM material creation tool to efficiently process orders.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) with 2-5 years of relevant experience in mechanical engineering. Experience in the lighting industry is preferred.
- SAP skills or familiarity with product structures in other ERP systems are desired as well as strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. Must be proficient in Data Management – ERP Tools.
- Well-developed interpersonal, data accuracy and communication skills are also a must to achieve on-time completion of multiple projects.
- Experience in design & development of mechanical products (Lighting preferred) with strong technical experience in – New Product development, Sheet metal & Plastic design, 2D / 3D CAD package (Solid Works, Creo, AutoCAD) and manufacturing.
- Good hands on experience on product design tools SOLIDWORKS (or similar) for product design and sustaining and product development experience is must
- Experience with and proven knowledge of injection molded plastic, die cast, sheet metal design, manufacturing methods & processes
- Should have strong knowledge about drawings, dimensioning standards, tolerance standards & stack-up, engineering calculations.
- Establishing efficient, ergonomic methods of assembly, designing of mechanical parts which are manufactured, Good understanding of Solid works, PLM & SAP PLM system, requirements management for documentation control and workflow and engineering change management processes
- Experience must include hand on experience with design of products from concept to commercialization including and not limited to part detailing and designing, component and material selection, drawing creation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts.
- Well-developed written and oral communication & interpersonal skills
What you’ll get in return…
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
- Challenging environment aspiring careers
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!