Position – R&D Steam Turbine Designer
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy (SE) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. SE comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Munich in Germany and more than 88,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Responsible for designing, modeling and drafting of Steam turbine components and assemblies in NX considering full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost effectiveness, Manufacturing & technology, assembly and service).
- Proficiency in NX for 3D modeling, assembly, drafting, BoM creation
- Prepare and check component drawings, welding drawings, detailed drawings, assembly drawings, manufacturing sketches, layouts as per global standard requirements and creation of complete order BoM’s.
- Responsible for providing R&D support to Shop/site for evaluation of non-conformance reports and define further measures & troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and site issues.
- Responsible for providing R&D support to Proposal team for bidding purposes as and when needed.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Integrity of steam turbine components.
- Knowledge of the product development process of a product.
- Knowledge of Quality Management system
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- BE / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-8 years prior experience in R&D / Engineering as Design Engineer in Steam Turbine industry.
- Sound Technical know-how of Steam turbine Design (Preferably experience on Impulse technology and its functionality.
- Knowledge of Design Tools like NX, AutoCAD, and systems like SAP, Team Center.
- Hands on experience of creating 3D assemblies / Models / Drawings / SAP
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas and Power at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time