Siemens Limited is Hiring | R&D Design Engineer |
Position – R&D design Engineer- New technologies
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Full Job Description
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The engineer would be responsible for design, development and manufacturing of core components of Hydrogen electrolyzers, hydrogen storage, steam turbine.
The role requires in depth understanding of chemical and mechanical behavior of eletrolyzers, the latest technological advances happening in this field, and hands on experience on optimizing the overall selection, sizing of components, optimizing and setting up of the plant cycle. The candidate should have technical and commercial knowledge needed for sourcing of the sub components from local and global suppliers.
The role requires knowledge of materials processing, especially processing and required coating of components. This information must then be used to help make effective engineering decisions related to material usage and optimal material integration within new products while leveraging existing production methods and capabilities.
- Prior experience on Hydrogen elactrolyzer research, design and development, components including bipolar plates and coatings, porous transport layers, and membrane electrode assemblies (MEA), proton exchange membrane (PEM)
- Prepare technology roadmap from prototyping to final product for emerging technologies
- Characterize composition and structure of electrolyzer components with latest design techniques.
- Analyze complex mechanisms of electrolyzer performance loss and degradation
- Interact with vendors in terms of sizing, performance optimization
- Prior working experience in steam turbine design / thermodynamics of steam turbine and associated components will be an added advantage.
- The candidate has to be flexible to work on various existing and upcoming technologies.
Follow Siemens professional and ethical standards with highest dedication at all times and in all interactions
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- M. Tech. degree in Mechanical Engineering from reputed institutes (IIT’s and NIT’s) required with 5-10 years of experience in design and development of new technologies cycle components such as bipolar plates, porous transport layers, gas diffusion layers, flow fields, and other components preferred.
- Experience with electrochemical devices (fuel cells, electrolyzers, batteries) preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for systems thinking and creative problem solving
- Conversant with the latest international Codes and Standards etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time