Position – Associate Product Application Engineer
Company – Danfoss
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We have an immediate opportunity for an Associate Engineer -Product Application to join us at our diverse team. The Associate Engineer -Product Application will be part Fuel, A/C, Thermoplastic and Specialty (FACTS) team in the Fluid Conveyance group within Danfoss India Innovation Centre, Pune, and will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, FACTS team. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide customized application solutions for Fluid Conveyance products like hoses, hose fittings, and adapters, based upon specifications provided by customers through quotation request and products and capabilities defined by Product Engineering, Product Management and Manufacturing
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify appropriate Fluid Conveyance products
- Work with customers on design issues, develop configurations to meet specifications & create CAD drawings.
- Coordinate prototypes development to meet/exceed customer requirements
- Strong mathematical aptitude and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Confers with manufacturing, marketing, engineering, and other personnel to prepare product design modifications as required.
- Demonstrates effective communication both verbal & written with customers, team members, and cross functional departments.
- Experience in comprehension and creation of Engineering documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of GD&T and tolerance stack-up
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/project teams simultaneously with emphasis on key customer prioritization
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering
- Min 1-3 years’ experience for bachelor’s degree in product application engineering in the hydraulics domain
- Proficient in CREO / AutoCAD and shall have hands-on experience
- Knowledge of engineering standards like EN/SAE/ISO etc.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Stack-Up analysis, etc.
- Basic Knowledge of DMAIC / Lean methodology
- Familiar with PLM and Engineering change management process and execution of changes thru PLM.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated, and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment, and safety of our employees.