Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Career Area: Engineering
Job Description: Job Description – Internal
- As a Checking Engineer, one will check moderately complex design drawings for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to established Engineering Standards and practices.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Sheetmetal, Minimum 2 years in Sheetmetal manufacturing, inspection. Thorough understanding on material selection, datum targets, failures and prevention in design phase, Knowledge on picking functional datums and applying tolerances, datum structure. Awareness on inspection of datums and datum features. Initiates conversation when needed with the Engineer/Detailer, not hesitant to ask pertinent questions. Good Knowledge on drawing revision and understanding on the change revision.
- Some of the other responsibility that includes collaboration with Global Engineers, and coaching and mentoring of other checking engineers on engineering practices and standards. Developing standard work instructions and deploying and updating the best practice process documents & templates for complex drawings. Also, this position requires counsel and advice to design control engineers on potential problems due to the form, fit and functional errors during the Product design phase.
- ASME Y14.5-2009 Senior Level GD&T Professional
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum
- 3 to 5 years of Engineering experience
- Familiarity with Creo 4.0 detailing/modeling practices
- Working Knowledge on Teamcenter and related processes.
- Background in drafting and technology
- Strong competency in Sheet metal design / Casting Design and manufacturing processes.
- Good Problem-Solving Skills, Technical Know-how ability, Accountability
- Self-Motivated / Team Player
- Ability to communicate effectively
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.