Position – Component Engineer – Turbo compressor Engineering
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Full Job Description
Looking for a challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
You will be responsible for the preparation of the detailed design of turbo compressor components. The job includes managing engineering data like models, drawings, and BOMs using Siemens NX, Teamcenter, and SAP. This role is not limited to specific skills in turbo compressors but extends to knowledge and experience in all domains of turbo machines.
The position will be based in Pune, India, in the global challenging technical environment. One has to closely coordinate with the counterpart and monitor project KPIs like quality, project budget and on time delivery.
- Understanding the requirement of the project and coordinating effectively with the Global team
- Identify and address deviations/issues in the project in consultation with the Manager
- Effectively interpreting various applicable international codes and standards along with Siemens internal standards
- Applying knowledge of these standards for the detailed design of compressor components
- Preparing detailed Models and Drawings using Siemens NX integrated with Teamcenter
- Managing engineering Bill of Materials using Siemens NX, Teamcenter, and SAP
- Performing detailed self-review and peer review, Participating in and leading design reviews
- Providing technical support to colleagues
- Ensure quality and timely deliveries of engineering documentation
- Managing project activities, schedule, and budget using JIRA
- Performing troubleshooting, analyzing failures, preparing root cause analysis, and implement actions
- Taking initiatives for improving personal and process efficiency
- Living core values of safety and integrity means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering or another comparable degree
- 2 to 5 years of relevant engineering work experience
- Significant hands-on experience in working with Siemens NX and Teamcenter
- Experience in creating detailed manufacturing drawings using GD&T as per ASME Y 14.5
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- Ability to work independently with clarity on scope and responsibility
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- High flexibility in taking on new tasks/responsibilities
- Proactive and Solution-Oriented. Ability to Pull inputs and interact with interface partners.
- Knowledge of turbo machinery and its components will be added advantage.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time