Position – Associate Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) is looking for resources in Mechanical Design Engineering domain to work in areas such as Flight Test Instrumentation & Lab Equipment Design for existing production aircraft testing purposes. This position will be located in the Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India and reports to the Manager, – Design Engineering, Boeing Test & Evaluation India.
These resources will be responsible for mechanical design of wide range of flight test installations including electronic component enclosures, sensors, access provisions and wire routes etc.
Designs are typically documented using CATIA / UG NX and maintained in a variety of Boeing & BT&E databases / PLM such as ENOVIA / TEAMCENTER
Provides inputs for technical quality review of the development and documentation of mechanical, fluid systems, and thermal environments to establish the system design relating to flight instrumentation.
Develops and manages the Engineering Releases to meet Drawing Release Schedule timelines
Provide inputs to Technical leads for coordination with Program Engineering (Project, Stress, etc) to ensure the safety of designs.
Prepare technical documents using analytical approaches and performing spatial integration at system or component level and modification of various Flight Test equipment and assemblies.
The candidate shall provide periodic updates on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
Contribute to productivity improvement through the use of a Quality Management System and lean principles.
- Understanding of Airplane structure and various sections
- Demonstrated proficiency in design for mechanical components
- General awareness of different instruments such as pressure sensors, thermocouples, strain gauges, data loggers, etc, and their design, performance, and integration.
- Experience in flight test instrumentation, component design for instrumentation, experimental models, mechanisms, etc.
- Strong demonstrated capability to perform classical hand calculations and basic experience in CAE tools are desirable
- Good engineering discipline with demonstrated ability to start with requirements, design & development, and release to meet the requirements
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive attitude and highest ethics
- Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world
- Demonstrated experience in Model-Based Engineering for multiple projects
- Engineering CAD tools: Experience in CATIA / UG – ENOVIA / TEAM CENTER
- Generative shape design, Part design, Assembly design, Sheet metal design, Tubing, Drafting,
- Drafting: Proficiency in drafting standards (ANSI Y14.5M-2009), GD&T, design for manufacturability
- Office applications: Word, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint
- Language: Fluency in reading, writing & speaking in English
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master from an accredited university in engineering preferably in Mechanical / Aerospace with 0-2 years of experience in aerospace domain.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.