Position – Pumps Design Engineer
Company – Flowserve Corporation
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
This position is responsible for the design/ engineering of pump packages, pump components, pump layouts, and preparation of bill of material/project-related technical documentation
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Graduate Engineer in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years or Diploma with 5+ years of relevant experience in pumps or rotating equipment industry.
- Excellent ability to read and understand engineering drawings/documents/reports.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks or similar CAD tools)
- Must be conversant with GD&T (Basics & Advanced) and drafting standard ANSI Y 14.5.
- Good knowledge of the Design of pumps or related equipment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ASME / API/ DIN design standards and material specifications.
- Hands-on experience in pump assembly, repair, and servicing is an added advantage.
- Team player, who is highly self-motivated and open to challenging assignments.
- Decision-making on work priority and critical needs.
- Quick learner, self-driven, collaborative, and committed.
- High quality on deliverables and timely responsiveness to internal and external customers.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Ensure product safety through proper review/design and worksite safety through championing FLS policies and procedures.
- Perform work that is varied and complex, with minimal supervision
- Ability to generate 2D detail drawings, complex 3D models, and assembly using CAD software.
- Ability to support end-to-end support to specific operations and functional team initiatives which have interdependencies with engineering work.
- Perform checking of own and other team members’ design/drafting work in compliance with design and drafting standards and fulfillment of engineering job requirements.
- Drive strong engineering performance with respect to responsiveness, and key indicators (OTD, KQI, utilization, and efficiency).
- Ability to sustain and improve key indicators using CIP techniques.
- Prepare engineering standards/ procedures/ checklist/ learning points to minimize the errors for all types of assignments for responsible business units.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with business units. Enhance collaboration to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration between team engineers and Supervisors.
- Train Design drafters within the team
Lead/ participate in standardization projects and create design document standards and participate in preparing presentation materials as necessary
Job Advertising Title: Pumps Design Engineer
Primary Posting Location: Bengaluru, India
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 56653BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to [email protected] In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as the subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.