Position – Buying Professional
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Aurangabad, Maharashtra
Looking for ambitious role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is passionate about helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – ambitious and future-oriented
Buying Professional, Gas Insulated Switchgear Factory
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow, talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform industries, cities, and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting – edge Energy Management Division
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Proficient in managing the availability and delivery of the right quality materials at the right time, price, and terms.
- Skilled in reviewing technical specifications and bill of quantity; checking and discussing with process managers/production engineers to determine/search suitable manufacturers/suppliers
- Specialist in leading day-to-day relationship with suppliers, transporters, from the placement of order till delivery of the shipment, rate negotiations while ensuring achievement of service and quality norms for smooth flow of operations & supply of required items
- You will analyze the scope of supply and contract agreements, analyze risk, finalize negotiations, and contracts with the project managers and contract managers.
- You excel in improving operational efficiency by eliminating obsolescence and achieving cost reduction through vendor development, curbing rework & rejection, materials management, and inventory control
- You are responsible for ensuring alignment to procurement processes and compliance.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You are a Mechanical Engineer/Electrical Engineer with 4 to 8 years of proven ability in procurement.
- You have relevant experience in the switchgear industry.
- You have knowledge of laser cutting, Sheet Metal punching, fabrication, painting, machined part, aluminum casting, Plating, etc processes.
- Experience in procurement from domestic & import suppliers with experience in subcontracting.
- You are analytical and deft at the root cause and cost analysis.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Aurangabad. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.