Position – Manufacturing Technical Lead Engineer
Company – Lam Research
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry’s leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research – where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results, and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research’s success, this philosophy starts with you.
Many years back, Lam Research embarked on a journey to set up an engineering center in Bangalore to expand its reach Indian talent pool. Over a decade, this center expanded its capability and scope beyond engineering to global manufacturing, supply chain operations, and other shared services. One of the major functional groups of this entity is LIGHT (Lam India Global Hardware Team). Within LIGHT, few of the functions like manufacturing engineering, Supplier Quality, and Cost Performance engineering represent global operations.
There is an opening for the role of a lead engineer for the virtual build activity within LIGHT Manufacturing Engineering. This position will be based out of Bangalore, directly reporting to the leader of Manufacturing Engineering and closely working with Global Pilot Manufacturing sites based out of Tualatin, Fremont in the US.
This individual would be responsible to conduct a virtual assessment of the large assemblies and release the build sequence document for the first physical build.
- Years of Experience: Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
Educational qualification: Bachelors’/ Masters’ degree in Mechanical /Industrial/Production Engineering
- Create an M-BOM in Delmia from the E-BOM assigned
- Develop best possible process plan/assembly sequence virtually in Delmia for assembly modules and accommodate configuration options accordingly
- Carry out DFMA analysis simultaneously
- Perform interference checks on the equipment
- Report discrepancies in the CAD & SAP BOMs
- Generate Sequence of Events / Work Instructions meeting LAM standards and hand over to manufacturing
- Attend Design reviews with Product group, Fixture team and give key inputs w.r.t manufacturability
- Recommend continuous improvements in all segments of manufacturing
- Reports progress of all assigned tasks to the Engineering Manager and US team
- Responsible for delivering quality output within the speculated time
- Proficient in Delmia or any other virtual/digital manufacturing software
- Working experience in DFMA assessment, ergonomic simulation, and reachability/accessibility study of hand tools for the assembly process
- Must have a clear understanding of Operation Method Sheets or Work instruction
- Exposure to Industrial engineering, assembly processes, and operations
- Knowledge of Semiconductor equipment, Capital Equipment industry, and its manufacturing processes
- Experience in assembly and Ergonomic simulations in Delmia or any other virtual assembly software
- Exposure to 3D work instructions
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) & presentation skills
- Interpret written specification or requirements
- Exposure to Industry 4.0 deliverables of the manufacturing team
More About Us ….
Our work is everywhere you look – even if you can’t actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.