Position – Engineer – Maintenance
Company – Sandvik
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
About the Company
- SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development, we create unique innovations and set new productivity standards together with our customers. These include the world’s major automotive, aerospace, and energy industries. Sandvik Coromant has 8,000 employees and is represented in 130 countries. We are part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the global industrial group Sandvik.
- At Sandvik Coromant, we are driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. Our belief is that sustainable success is a team effort and with our profound knowledge of metal cutting and insight into the varying challenges of different industries, we strive to develop innovative solutions in collaboration with our customers, to meet both current and future demands.
- We are seeking people who are passionate about their work and possess the drive to excel to join us.
- Focused Maintenance, Preventive and Corrective Maintenance of PU Inserts machines, Digital Projects, Preventive and Corrective Maintenance of machines in own area.
Key Performance areas:
- Maintenance for maintaining machines in running condition with increased uptime Spare part management for critical/one-off machines Implement the preventive maintenance schedule to avoid machine failures Co-ordinate day to day Breakdowns with a focus on prevention Plan and Carry-out Major Maintenance Work with focus on avoiding repetitive failures Analyse repetitive problems & take preventive actions to avoid the same Achieve the Targets decided with the Manager in form of IPP Inform the concerned Internal Customers about the delivery time Follow ISO 9001/ OHSAS 18001 systems and train colleagues for the same Prepare Purchase requisitions & follow up for the material Prepare and close in time all EOU related documents like MRN, delivery challans, etc. Ensure that history is maintained for the machines Training of Maintenance personnel for technical skills and understanding of machines Adhere to Sandvik’s core values Ensure Safe Working in day-to-day activities Prepare Weekly & Monthly Reports for analysis of repetitive & critical problems Effective and Fast reflection of Business Decision related to Personnel using the Workday system for organizational effectiveness. Plan/execute/support low-cost automation projects on machines
- Diploma / Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering 10 to 15 years of Experience in Preventive and Corrective Maintenance of CNC and Conventional Machines.
- Experience in troubleshooting of machines with hands-on experience.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic systems and mechanisms Knowledge of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and Quality Improvement Systems
- This position reports to the Senior Manager – Maintenance.
- Sandvik offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.