Spread the love
Position – Senior Product Management Manager – Product Manager
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Job Description Summary
- The Platform Program Manager (PPM) for BOP is ultimately responsible for the successful development and implementation of new products (NPI) and cost-out actions (COLTs) of the Large Hydro segment. The PPM will engage all functions within the organization, e.g. but not exclusively HPM– Advanced Offering, HPM- Costs, HEN – Engineering, HSC- Manufacturing and Sourcing, HPO – Project/Site
Essential Responsibilities :
- In this position, you will develop, drive and track execution of all the necessary activities for the NPI program(s) under your responsibility, in close collaboration with all functions involved in developing and commercializing these products. Programs can contain amongst others; commercial, technical, operational, product safety, manufacturing, and logistical challenges. In this role, you will interact with senior management within GE’s organization as well as all functional levels, in order to develop a competitive and profitable product.
This includes :
- Lead New Product Introductions (NPI) and Cost-out programs (COLT) through the toll-gate process and ensures each function meets the deliverables and requirements defined in the process
- Track program progress and expenses and reports out to senior management on a regular basis
- Be responsible for the development and execution of a detailed cross-functional execution plan that leads to success on all product CTQs as specified in the Product Requirements (PRD)
- Ensure the definition of product standards (technical solution, industrial scheme, planning, costing rules, etc) that will lead to economies of scale and more generally to improve the competitiveness of the GE Hydro offer.
- Maintain the link with other Platforms to identify synergies and transverse opportunities and to promote integrated developments, always making sure the Small Hydro specificities are well addressed.
- Identify together with HTE the required Intellectual Property actions
- Integrate the Technical Regulations and Standards (TRS) addressing the regional specificities
- Guide the Technical Tendering teams on the standard product solutions of the Large Hydro portfolio, ensure the coherence in applying standards and procedures defined in Hydro
- Lead and facilitate a continuous FoE process, both for Tender and Execution, to continuously monitor the adequacy of the solutions provided by the Platform to its internal customers to effectively meet the targets of market share and profitability.
- Own achieving the cost position for the product in the target regions, and pilot a Cost Reduction Roadmap supported by the HPM-Costs organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Min. 5 year experience in managing project(s) and/or team(s)
- Experience in Hydraulic turbines or other rotating machines
Desired Characteristics :
- Experience in integrating different equipment/sub-systems
- Exposure to the specific needs of the Large Hydro
- English fluent both written and spoken
Spread the love