Position – Sr. Engineer – R&D (Product Maintenance)
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators, and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
This is a Sr. Engineer – R&D (Product Maintenance) role, reporting to the Platform Manager in Business Area – Motion located in Vadodara. You will be responsible for contributing significantly to successful project results in technology and/or product development by identifying, proposing, and implementing innovative solutions. Using unique technical knowledge to coordinate the development tasks.
- Demonstrating solid competence in technologies, tools, and methods in their own specialist area through solving complex motors and generators problems.
- Performing a variety of complex technology or engineering assignments, which typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques.
- Designing (2D & 3D) mechanical parts and assemblies of large motors and generators, in collaboration with the design team and in accordance with specifications.
- Preparing design calculations using standard and non-standard simulation tools.
- Coordinating prototype construction to ensure alignment with project/task timeline, plan and analyze experimental tests in order to verify technical solutions, adjust the design as required based on test results.
- Evaluating requests from the Production, Quality, and Engineering department and propose product modifications accordingly.
- Proposing an appropriate list of materials necessary for design, providing, and maintaining Bills of Materials (BOM) of products.
- Coordinating tasks assigned to external suppliers, ensuring clear specifications, and agreed timeline.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Mechanical / Electrical engineering.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in the design and development of large electrical rotating machines.
- Must have strong proficiency in CAD software.
- Ability to work in a PLM and SAP environment for what related to BOM.
- Must have good knowledge of main PC tools.
- A proactive person with good communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Knowledge of Nx CAD, modeling and simulations, statistical analysis, and experience in the lean sigma approach is an added advantage.
- Experience in handling customer cases is an added advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.