Position – Associate Project Engineer – Transformer (CREO)
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision, and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in the Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Demonstrate knowledge in advanced high-end CAD software Creo/ProE.
- Exposure to Product data management (PDM)/ Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool Windchill.
- Be familiar with the design principles, guidelines, and applicable standards used within the electromechanical design of products like Bushings & Tap changers.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Evaluates selects and applies standard techniques and procedures while preparing manufacturing & assembly drawings.
- Assist in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- As a part of the job, shall effectively interact and coordinate with Product owners, Suppliers & Engineering teams located globally.
- Is self-motivated to handle deliveries with quality, on time, and within budget.
- Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-4 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Design & engineering of electrical products such as transformers, Insulators, Bushings, or Tap changers.
- Hands-on experience in 3D Modeling Software tools. Preferred tool: Creo/ProE.
More about us
- Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”