Position – Piping Designer
Company – Siemens
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Role & Responsibilities:
- Well orientated with Piping design code and standards as ASME B31.1, B31.3, IBR, API and associated codes for Power Plant piping work.
- Preparation of Line List, 2D TG Hall Layout, Piping Layout, Civil and Structure design inputs in 2D CAD software under minimum supervision.
- Able to understand stress report, design various type of supports (primary & secondary) and BOM preparation.
- Prepare Piping BOM, Insulation BOM, Structure BOM with time bound and cost optimization approach from 2D/3D environment.
- Able to calculate pipe size, thickness, material selection, pressure drop and IBR thickness calculation.
- Have understanding of various types of systems, pipe fittings, valves, specialty items and Power plant process equipment.
- Able to prepare erection documents like Tonnage calculation, Inch-dia calculation and provide site support during erection.
- Basic working on 3D modelling software CADISON/PDMS for piping engineering activity. Have exposure of various CAD formats.
- B.E. (Mechanical) with minimum 3-4 yr working experience or Diploma (Mechanical) with minimum 5-6 yr working experience in Piping Design & Engineering field.
- Have hands on experience of drawing preparation in AutoCad (2D environment) and 3D modelling in CADISON/PDMS software.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Develop what will be important tomorrow
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a smarter tomorrow. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
Important note: For all job applicants looking to join us, please note Siemens does not ask for fees prior/during/after the application process. We do not ask for banking details or personal financial information in return for the assurance of employment. Similarly, please do not open documents in e-mails that appear to be sent by a Siemens recruiter unless you are sure you are being contacted by one of our professionals for an active application process.