Position – Engineer- Sustainability
Company – Danfoss
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We have an immediate opportunity for a Engineer- Sustainability to join us at our diverse team. The Engineer- Sustainability will be responsible for leading Design-For-Environment activities in PROLaunch environment, conducting environment impact assessments (e.g. Screening LCA using eco-design tools) and manage product stewardship activities for the hydraulics portfolio.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate them to other Danfoss teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
- Support Design-For-Environment(DfE) activities for new product introduction (NPI) projects
- Support hydraulics portfolio risk assessment and handle multiple customer product stewardship requests (RoHS, REACH, IMDS, SCIP, CP65 etc.).
- Conducting environment impact assessments (e.g. Screening/detailed LCAs).
- Work with Lead Engineer to prepare guidance for the reduction and elimination of high-impact materials.
- Manage technical aspects of projects including DfE Specifications and implementation
- Champions continuous process improvements to support the Eaton hydraulics business.
- Interact with key customers/stakeholders in understanding current & upcoming sustainability trends and their relevance to our products.
- Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Bio-Tech/Electrical-Electronics engineering with a focus on energy efficiency and eco-design. Alternatively, degree in science (e.g., chemical, environmental, physics etc.)
- Masters with 0-2 years in LCA, eco-design or Sustainability Domain
- ACLCA certified professional or BEE and ISO 14044
- Experience in working with Global LCA network, sustainable/eco-label certification schemes and EPD associations with proven track record in Sustainability Rep
- Advance MS Excel, VBA or good knowledge of programming skills/machine learning tools like Python
- Exceptionally strong technical knowledge in the field of eco-design/sustainability/product stewardship
- Knowledge of regional and country product-related eco-design/product stewardship requirements
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience is required
- Ability/Readiness to work on multi-domain projects
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.