Position – Process Engineer
Company – Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Implements and optimizes technological concepts concerning solution.
- Monitors solution performance in the prototyping, test and verification phase.
- Manages the commissioning phase with the customers, and analyzes potential malfunctions.
- Implements approved concepts.
- Ensures observance of specifications, under consideration of market and technology trends.
- Creates respective reports.
For our Process Engineering department in Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy we are looking for a committed and motivated composite expert in the area of composites repair and curing technologies. You will be part of a global team of Process Engineers working on developing new and optimizing existing processes within blades manufacturing.
What are my responsibilities?
- Define test methods for material characterization and qualification
- Design and document “critical to-parameters” for processes within scope of work.
- Contribute to or lead process development
- Actively engage in process optimizations
- Ensure Best Practice sharing across plants and product portfolio.
- Implement process design updates in running production and field repair solutions.
- Have the strategic overview for process development and roadmap
- Collaborate with supplier’s technical staff
- Collaborate with internal and external test laboratories
- Collaborate with other internal departments e.g. the technology department and the quality department
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a degree in mechanical engineering, composite engineering, chemical engineering, production engineering, material sciences or similar
- You have experience in working with composite materials repair and/or the curing of composites
- You have software skills (Microsoft Office, Phyton)
- You have knowledge of the bonding between resin and glass fiber
- You have a structured approach to your work and are able to handle simultaneous assignments without losing overview
- You have an analytical way of thinking
- You possess the ability to both work independently and in teams
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.