Position – Lead Engineer – Mechanical Design
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
This opening is for Design engineer role in GE9X HPC module within GE Aviation Engineering division. Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems. You will be required to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team including but not limited to Supply chain, Assembly, Systems, Manufacturing Programs, Quality, Repairs, PSE, Materials, and other functional teams to achieve the desired outcome for the module.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute design and stress analysis activities for structural component of GE9X HPC module. Deliver on cost, performance, durability & weight targets pertaining to HPC Module
- Collaborate with Fleet team for developing field plan for HPC Module
- Should network & establish strong connections with Commodity CTHs, Cross functional teams viz. Supply Chain, Repair, MAE, CTPs and Shop technical teams to achieve the desired outcomes
- Foster and inspire a collaborative work style and display team-oriented behavior with proactive communication internally and externally
- Leverage digital tools & analyze the data insights to drive appropriate actions
- PhD/MTech /MS/BTech/BE in Mechanical/Aerospace
- 3+ years of relevant experience on Mechanical design/hardware ownership/stress analysis/ Finite element analysis of aircraft engine components
- Exposure to Heat transfer analysis, Manufacturing processes will be added advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We Build It
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.