Position – Engineer, Mechanical, Product Design – Centrifugal Compressor
Company – Siemens Energy
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
- The integrally geared centrifugal compressor was designed and engineered.
- Model, assembly, drawings, and bill of material preparation for compressor parts and assembly utilizing SIEMENS NX and TEAMCENTER.
- Read customer specifications and define compressor requirements. Take part in kick-off meetings.
- To create comprehensive production drawings of an Integrally Geared Compressor and its assemblies in accordance with Siemens Standards.
- Maintain quality standards by thoroughly inspecting all models and drawings and putting in place various quality improvement techniques.
- Working with a global team and communicating at various levels within the team.
- To assist suppliers with compressor development, manufacture, and assembly. Participate in new product development, VAVE, and project costing.
- To release work in SAPATLAS and SAP Spridon, as well as to collaborate with SAP on the development of various reports.
- Preparing and reviewing customer documents for core compressor assembly such as cross-section, partlist, lifting arrangement, etc.
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering is required, as well as good academic credentials.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of design work experience in Engineering/Design, as well as competence with 3D CAD programs is required.
- Have a fundamental understanding of and experience with turbomachinery design and detail engineering.
- An understanding of IntegrallyGeared Compressor engineering, API 617, material selection, and other related standards will be advantageous.
- In-depth understanding of preparing 3-D parametric models in NX.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
- Knowledge of the production process and DFM will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and presenting skills.
- Hands-on experience with Siemens NX, Teamcenter, SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent learning ability / fast learner
- Must have core engineering knowledge, as well as basic sketching and drafting guidelines.
“Let’s make tomorrow different today,” is Siemens Energy’s real commitment to all customers and workers on the path to a sustainable future.
We offer a comprehensive digital portfolio solution in the oil and gas sector and other process sectors, including rotating equipment, electrification, and solutions for Subsea operations, through our Business Unit Industrial Applications.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.