Position – Production Technologist
Company – Sandvik
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of metalworking tools, tooling solutions, and know-how. With significant expenditures in R&D, we produce distinctive solutions and set new productivity standards in collaboration with our clients. The world’s largest automobile, aerospace, and energy industries are among them. Sandvik Coromant employs 8,000 people and is present in 130 countries. We are part of the global industrial firm Sandvik’s business area Sandvik Machining Solutions.
Sandvik Coromant is driven by a desire for excellence in all that we do. We believe that long-term success requires a collaborative effort, and with our extensive knowledge in metal cutting and insight into the various issues of various industries, we try to develop new solutions in conjunction with our customers to fulfil both present and future expectations.
We are looking for persons who are enthusiastic about their work and have a strong desire to succeed.
To meet production and inspection targets set by superiors while remaining safe and maintaining quality.
Key Performance Areas:
- Meet the agreed-upon production, quality, productivity, and lead time targets with the Engineer/Manager.
- Ensure that new product inspections are completed on schedule and in accordance with directives, and provide feedback to production.
- As part of Continuous Improvement, strive for improvements in product quality and in-process inspection in accordance with the department’s quality system.
- In the presence of engineering services employees, assist in preventative maintenance of machines and equipment, as well as calibration of measuring devices.
- Maintain 5’S’ compliance and ensure compliance with safety practices on the shop floor.
- Increase productivity (OEE) and utilization to group average levels, among other things.
- Implement the QEHS procedural requirements.
- A diploma in mechanical engineering is required, as well as two to five years of related experience.
- Should be familiar with GD&T, engineering drawings, and measuring equipment.
Competencies required at Sandvik level:
- Core values must be aligned and followed.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and capabilities that are result-driven, self-awareness-oriented, improvement-oriented, and people-oriented
Competencies required for the role:
- Quality Awareness is recognizing conditions that may have an impact on the quality of a product or service.
- Technical & Professional – Having demonstrated acceptable performance in specified technical/professional domains.
- Committing to an activity after considering various courses of action based on logical assumptions and factual evidence and taking into account resources, constraints, and organizational ideals is referred to as judgment.
- Collaboration entails effectively collaborating with individuals in the organization outside of the line of formal authority (such as colleagues in other units or senior management) to achieve organizational goals and discover and resolve problems.
- The Process Improvement Engineer will be in charge of this post.
Sandvik provides a competitive total compensation package that includes extensive perks. Furthermore, we offer possibilities for professional competence development and training, as well as career growth.
How to apply
Please send your application by registering on our site www.sandvik.com/careers and uploading your CV against JO No. R0050112 before January 13, 2023.