Siemens Energy is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Siemens Energy
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent in years of rotating equipment experience
- Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience in Turbomachinery (Steam Turbine/Turbo Compressor/Gas Turbine) including knowledge of industry standards (API, ASME, etc.)
- Knowledge of engineering document types, standards, and specifications, including the associated storage, retrieval, and revision methods.
- Ability to acquire proficiency in navigating legacy fleet information that may not be available electronically
- Experience with rotating equipment, terminologies, and applications, and has a sound background in engineering fundamentals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Solid computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-Point) and basic 2D/3D software
- Proficiency with CAD (AutoCAD and NX1899), PLM (Team Center/Globus) and ERP system (SAP or Oracle)
- Knowledge and understanding of Siemens / Dresser-Rand product and services
- Possess fundamental knowledge of turbomachinery theory and thorough understanding of standard repair principles
- Experience with machinery design, production and/or servicing
- Familiarity and experience with industry standards such as ASME and API
- Create 3-D models and drawings of components / assemblies for D-R/Siemens Steam Turbines
- Responsible for drafting work for majority of fleet maintenance of Trenton, USA fleet; project drafting and legacy AutoCAD revisions (receives markups and/or instructions)
- Convert old 2-D drawings to 3-D models using NX11/NX1899
- Hands on experience in 3D modeling and drawing for steampath components like bucket, wheel, diaphragm, shaft, rotor assembly
- Experienced in NX CAD – Parametric modeling, Expression based modeling, Part families, Wave-Link Geometry, Advanced Assembly features, Handle large assemblies in NX, Assembly arrangements
- Form Fit & Functional Check for the complete assembly as per business standards
- Carry out engineering and design calculations using as per D-R/Siemens guidelines.
- Responsible to perform all legacy data clean up tasks in NX-GloBus Teamcenter as needed by business
- Follow D-R engineering & drafting standard practices; Provide drawing updation and revision control
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Adding material and process spec docs to “Specifying Doc” folder, adding item attributes in GloBus
- Support productivity improvement and establish best practices for modeling and drafting activities within stipulated time-period.
- Recording and tracking of engineering hours utilized for various projects.
- Electronic transfer of drawings, documents and data with D-R/Siemens Global Operations
Your opportunities for personal growth
You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.