Position – Process Data Engineer
Company – Shell
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
- Purpose & Accountabilities
- Support and execute CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) build and assurance activities for identified projects across Upstream, Downstream and IG to deliver first time right data from project to operations and maintenance.
- This includes delivery of quality asset data from the project to support the business to transition smoothly to run and maintain. This requires also close cooperation with other TAO units.
- Execute and support the development of strategies and plans, in conjunction with the business and the project manager for CMMS build projects, as well as assurance and data quality activities in support of projects
- Analyze technical data and documents and processes by working with engineering, maintenance, operations and project team & partners
- Support the continuous improvement of the CMMS build processes and related team objectives.
- In partnership with Project Managers and stakeholders, provide support to identify benefits in the delivery of the CMMS projects.
- Provide SME support to the project for the detailed activities and deliverables from the CMMS build. This includes supporting Identification of Safety Critical Elements and support to develop maintenance strategies and plans, as well as applying group standards associated with the CMMS data.
- Provide support to build Project dashboard, also manage and resolve any P2A CMMS project delivery issues.
- Provide expertise in the interpretation of asset data from engineering documents and drawings such as P & IDs and Single line diagrams.
- Provide liaison and integration with the CP(Contracts and Procurement) Data organization in the development of the BOM and Material Master requirements
- Network with counterparts and other levels of organization across the capital project space.
- Understand how information and technical data will be utilized within the site or location.
- Work with managers and the project specialists to help standardize processes, tools, methods, procedures for CMMS builds.
- Capture learnings and best practices from the projects and update the learnings database.
- Confidence to work in virtual environment and managing engagement across different levels of stakeholders, including senior project management for day to day project activities. Includes initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility
- Availability for travel to work sites as per the project requirement.
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English, as well as using Skype, Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Outlook, etc.
- Additional Job Description
- Skills & Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering.
- Required 2 to 3+yrs operational experience in engineering / technical jobs in at least one of the following areas:
- Experience in Plant Maintenance area within a Manufacturing or Upstream environment as an engineering user of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Web Integrity Management System (wIMS), and Engineering Document Management Systems (EDMS.)
- Experience in Engineering relevant maintenance, Equipment failure analysis, troubleshooting, decision making, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis, Safety Criticality and Risk Assessment, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Total Quality Management, Hazard Analysis, etc.
- Experience in Engineering Projects Technical Data and Documents management, including processes and tools.
- Front end execution, supporting the EPCM contractor with execution, quality inspection of the project data.
- Experience in Project initiating, planning, monitoring & controlling of a CMMS build.
- Use and understanding of SAP PM / MM modules.
- Detailed grasp of the context of use of technical data and documentation within technical data processes, physical processing assets (hardware) and associated operating processes (Cat Crackers, drilling ops., production and lube oil facilities) Processional Engineering certification is an added value.
Translated Company Description
- Effective communication skill and stakeholder management
- Ability to deal effectively with complexity and detail and to prioritize and ensure timely delivery for the area of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead your associate engineering analysts on your team on data projects.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and issue resolution.
- Lean Six Sigma CI methodology, work experience in Oil and Gas is an added value.
- Stakeholder Management, Good Communication Skills
- Knowledge in SAP- PM Module (Master and Transactional Data)
- Plant maintenance Experience preferably in Oil & Gas/ Heavy Engineering/Power Plant
- MS Office inc. MS Access /excel/Word/power point/outlook/MS Project
Knowledge level in Maintenance management system and Connected application portfolio (AIM-EDMS, IDMS, SPI-Intools) preferred.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.